Thursday, April 15, 2010

my first project!

Steve got me a sewing maching for my birthday.
I love it!
I've been wanting to channel my inner creativity and am usually most inspired to make cute little stuff for Lily. It's way more inspiring than making something for myself. That seems backwards =) Life as a mom, I suppose...Anyways, so I found this tutorial for a cute ruffley skirt made out of a tshirt at Sew Much Ado And it turned out adorable! It is a little rough around the edges, as it was my first project, but Lily loves it, and it fits her...so what more can I ask for!!



Oh, and Lily let me put her hair in a ponytail again! I love it...I just can't get enough!!

3 comments:

The DuBransky's said...

LOVE the skirt, and LOVE the ponytail!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Katie!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog! Now I know where yours is! Fun! Your kiddies are A_DOR_ABLE!!! So gorgeous!! And I am a sewing girl too! I love that skirt! I want to make one!

Mary Bergfeld said...

The really important words were "...and Lily loved it." She is a sweet child with a great mom. This and your earlier posts reflect a love of life and family. That is very nice :-). I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary